Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Beginnings

As if I haven't had enough changes over the past year or thereabouts, today I handed in my resignation at work...
I have 5 weeks before I finish up.

A lot of in-depth thought has gone into my decision. It comes down to several things. Probably the most pressing one is finances. I simply cannot afford to be travelling so far to work every day.

But more than that, I now have the opportunity for the first time in my life, to live MY life.
I'm no longer beholden to anyone - besides my kids, and lets face it, they have to put up with me.
There is no other person to make me think I should be doing something other than what makes me happy and fulfilled.
Truly, as long as I have a roof over my head, fresh food on the table and a creative outlet, then I can be satisfied.

I want to experience a life full of Charm and Grace, imbued with all of the senses. Taste, smell, touch, live.
I no longer need to be grey. I can be vintage red with hints of aqua blue! And polkadots.

Time for a new life...

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Hi Flossy, I've popped over from your mum's blog.

A brave decision you've taken but it sounds like the right one. well done. We'll look forward to more blogging from you.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Well done...I know exactly where you're coming from. Go for it!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Well done...I know exactly where you're coming from. Go for it!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Remiman said...

Flossy,
Wecome home girl!
Vintage red is good in all it's ghizes!
rel

7:36 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Well hold me down and call me Woman! You are amazing and can do anything you want or need to do. Just get of your... and do it! It really is that easy. I believe in you... always have!
xox Nic

11:16 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Hi Flossy I am here by way of your mother's blog.
Good luck on your new adventure.
Change is strange sometimes and exciting as well but not as refreshing as the feeling of freedom that you get along with it.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

I was thinking about you today Flossy. Thinking about where you may or may not be in your life, and then I read this post...
I'm so happy for you. Tomorrow is a new day and it can be everything you want it to be.
Vintage red with hints of aqua blue and polkadots sound perfect!
xo Kali

11:00 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

I am so proud of you! What courage and spunk! Sometimes these decisions are hard, but just finding the destination can be liberating. It's funny - I really struggled with the decision to close the shop, but once I decided to finally do it? Joy, nothing but pure joy! I wish you all the best, and am sending you hugs upon hugs!!!! Love ya!

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home