Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Weekend...

I have my Friday nights back!
Since April, Fridays have been spent at the State Netball Centre, watching Gab's team play State League. Unfortunately, their season wasn't as successful this year as last, and they didn't make the finals. I am not complaining, because I have a tiny bit of my life back to call my own!
In 2 weeks, Saturdays will finish up as well - I'm so excited I can hardly stand it LOL

I might be able to do things that normal people do - like go out for lunch or dinner, go to the markets, and other fun stuff.

In other news, I am going to see a man about a job this afternoon. It's part-time and 2 minutes away at one of the local service (gas) stations. Not too taxing, but will allow me time to study when I leave my current job. Anyhow, we shall see how it goes.

Tomorrow afternoon, the girls from work are going to a Chocolate High Tea at the Stamford Plaza Hotel in the city. One of the girls is getting married in a month and we wanted to do something different - she is having a traditional hen's party in Sydney in a few weeks, as she is getting married down there.
I'm looking forward to a decadent afternoon!

Tonight I'm going for dinner at Mum's - free feed, yay! LOL

Tomorrow morning is Netball photos, so I have to rise early on Sunday morning and make myself look presentable - that could take some time!

So how is your weekend shaping up?

Labels: , ,

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

I'm sure dinner at Mum's was yummy!
It's nice to hear that you will be getting more of your weekends back for yourself Flossy ~ good luck with your job hunting and tomorrow's Chocolate High Tea sounds very decadent indeed!

We are having a pretty quiet weekend. Today was a sleep in for me...then out to a plant nursery and shopping with Mark..back home, some washing and a successful session working on my blog template...cooked a lamb roast with all the trimmings and mini pavlovas for dessert. Feel so full now, just like miss piggy!
Tomorrow, might head out to a local market and hopefully some sewing.
Good night Darl, xox Kali

10:26 PM  
Blogger shellyC said...

Chocolate high tea - fancy!!
I am really pleased you are doing what you want to do. I really wish you the very best with it all.
shelly

8:23 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I really hope you got that job! This I hope because it means more time with us too! lol
I am guessing you had a blast at your girly chocolate convention um high tea.. any excuse! I just wish I could raise an appetite.
Have an awesome week my friend.
xox Nicole
ps. love the pink top you wore to your mums lol.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home